Iron City Motorcycles is helping to provide clean water to the region of Tharparkar
The people of the desert region of Tharparkar have been yearning and praying for centuries for clean water.
At Iron City Motorcycles, we are working with the Emaan Foundation & Human Appeal to help provide clean water to the region.
Will you be the one to answer their call and help in providing clean water?
What is a Fully Integrated Smart Village?
Our goal of £35,000 will enable Human Appeal UK to implement a fully integrated water, health and food security and livelihoods programmes for at least 1000 people in Tharpakar, Pakistan.
These villages have not had access to clean water for almost 200 years. Women and young children take up to several hours a day, in the blazing heat, to collect water from open contaminated wells. This same water leads to the deaths of thousands of children in Tharpakar.
The advanced solar powered water well works all day, pumping 10,000 gallons of water every 45 minutes. This enables access to clean water for 1000 people 24 hours a day, meeting not only their drinking needs but also for domestic usage and livestock.
The integrated village will also have:
- Water supply lines extended to the doorstep of the villager’s homes
- Solar powered lights throughout the village
- Purpose built toilet facilities
- Agricultural tools and climate smart agricultural seeds
- Farming training and support to grow local vegetables establishing domestic kitchen gardens to meet nutritional & dietary needs, saving hundreds of lives from malnutrition each year
- A pair of milking goats for any widowed women
- Livestock management training
- Vaccinations and deworming of all existing livestock
- Fodder for all animals